Thursday, 22 July
Unfortunate Things I Have Said During The Rehearsal Process

"You looked like you were trying to eat your way into the earth."

"Sorry about pissing all over your shoes, there."

"Those children can all go fuck themselves."

(Referring to our music director)
"Don't miss J. in Sadwich, his new show where he spends two hours eating a sandwich and occasionally bursting into tears."

"I don't have to listen to you, because you're gay."

"The theme music for the leper scene should be either 'I Go to Pieces' or 'Eyes Without A Face.' " (Worse, this was a recycled joke, meaning I have had more than one music/leprosy conversation in my life.)

"She's what I imagine a disease would look like as a person."

"This line is, well, acne. I hate it."

THE WINNER:

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to continue to think of your mother as retarded."

Confess | Skot | 22 Jul, 2004 |

Comments

But I'm sure they were said with love.

Comment number: 004956   Posted by: bikeboy on July 23, 2004 06:40 AM from IP: 151.200.215.194

You are insane! I love this site!

Comment number: 004957   Posted by: Bill Barstad on July 23, 2004 10:19 AM from IP: 131.252.182.198

I'm sorry, you looked cute from far away.

Comment number: 004958   Posted by: Annie on July 23, 2004 11:24 AM from IP: 209.226.121.83

Let us know when tickets for Sadwich go on sale.

Comment number: 004959   Posted by: CG on July 24, 2004 11:22 AM from IP: 68.161.111.147

"I don't have to listen to you, because you're gay."

This one must have been real popular with the theater crowd.

Comment number: 004960   Posted by: jef on July 27, 2004 07:35 AM from IP: 207.7.199.19

Hmmm. If some of you are thinking I'm a big nasty homophobe, ask yourselves how long I'd manage working in the theater if that were true. That comment was aimed at the director, whom I've worked with on about ten shows now; we both delight in trading horrifying jabs that are mainly for the sake of seeing who in the cast we can freak out first.

Comment number: 004961   Posted by: Skot on July 27, 2004 08:17 AM from IP: 66.150.9.2