Wednesday, 11 June
Office Support

To: AllStaff
From: Skot

Subject: Goodbye Creul World

i can't take it anymore. i can't take it. i'm going to end it all now.

To: Skot
From: Diana

Subject: Out Of Office Notice RE: Goodbye Creul World

Sorry I missed you! I will be on vacation from June 9 through June 16. Have a great day!

To: AllStaff
Cc: Skot
From: Kelly

Subject: RE: Goodbye Creul World

What are you closing down? Do we need to exit any applications?

To: Skot
From: Laura

Subject: RE: Goodbye Creul World

I think you mean "cruel," right? :D Just so you know, there is a spellcheck function in Outlook. I can help you out with that if you don't know where it is! :D

"How may goodly creatures are there here! How beauteous mankind is!"
--Shakespeare

To: AllStaff
From: Skot

Subject: RE: Goodbye Creul World

you don't have to do anything i'm going to kill myself

To: Skot
From: Diana

Subject: Out Of Office Notice RE: Goodbye Creul World

To: AllStaff
From: Christine

Subject: RE: Goodbye Creul World

A polite reminder that hitting "reply to all" spams everyone. Please consider using "reply" when appropriate. I get tired of deleting messages I don't need to see. Thank you.

And can we shut off Diana's autoreplier?

To: AllStaff
From: Skot

Subject: RE: Goodbye Creul World

sorry

To: Skot
From: Diana

Subject: Out Of Office Notice RE: Goodbye Creul World

To: Skot
From: Remi

Subject: RE: Goodbye Creul World

awwww we all get like that sometime.s i hate work too. {{{{{{{{skot}}}}}}}} hope you feel better soon

To: AllStaff

To: Skot
From: Diana

Subject: Out Of Office Notice RE: Goodbye Creul World

To: Skot
From: Lori

Subject: Error message

Hi Skot. The Chart Manager program is being really weird and I can't commit any changes. Can you come down and help me?

To: Lori
From: Skot

Subject: RE: Error message

ok. i'll be right down.

Comments

Sounds like my day. I got into a fight with, and subsequently cussed out, my boss's autoreply.

Comment number: 003082   Posted by: KOTWF on June 11, 2003 08:20 PM from IP: 66.190.140.167

I mean, um, "Don't do it, um, man. It's not, er, worth it. And stuff." Right

Comment number: 003083   Posted by: KOTWF on June 11, 2003 08:21 PM from IP: 66.190.140.167

Automated Comment:
Sorry I missed you! Have a great day!

Comment number: 003084   Posted by: Eva on June 11, 2003 08:40 PM from IP: 142.151.170.135

this diana girl sounds hot. what's her number?

Comment number: 003085   Posted by: clark on June 11, 2003 09:36 PM from IP: 216.232.99.252

what's her number?

404, apparently.

Comment number: 003086   Posted by: TheBrad on June 11, 2003 10:11 PM from IP: 64.123.253.91

holy crap. That's the funniest thing I've read in a... couple of whiles.

I want to send a message to someone with an autoresponder on. I want the message I send to have as a return address the address of someone else with an autoresponder on.

I WILL SHUT DOWN THE...

oh sorry

Comment number: 003087   Posted by: i on June 12, 2003 06:11 AM from IP: 64.8.202.186

Most mail systems are smart enough not to let auto-responders get into a fistfight, but it would be funny to kill your mail server in such a way.

I think my company would probably respond in the same way if I decided to kill myself... except there would be more autoresponses, and less people asking me to do things... they don't DO that here (ask me to do things), which makes for lots of time to read blogs, but perhaps less time to feel good about my life. Oh sorry, this is supposed to be about you - Don't do it, and stuff.

Comment number: 003088   Posted by: Ryan Waddell on June 12, 2003 06:25 AM from IP: 206.47.252.98

HAHAHAHA! Oh wow, thanks for brightening my morning, Skot.

Comment number: 003089   Posted by: Dave Adams on June 12, 2003 07:34 AM from IP: 146.7.42.38

Oh my God, that was funny. Thanks.

Comment number: 003090   Posted by: Keri on June 12, 2003 11:30 PM from IP: 63.194.243.73

To: AllStaff
From: Lurker
Somebody go tell Skot it's a note to his personnel file for bringing a weapon to work.

And while we're all talking together, WHO STOLE MY YOGURT FROM THE FRIDGE?

Comment number: 003091   Posted by: cc on June 13, 2003 01:05 AM from IP: 12.211.110.21

That was me. Sorry. If it makes you feel better, I took Linda's frozen enchiladas too.

Comment number: 003092   Posted by: Cat on June 13, 2003 10:53 AM from IP: 208.27.203.128

that cracked me up. a couple of people have brought down our mail server by making an out of office response "reply all" and then getting a couple of company wide emails. it's kind of like watching the matrix - the emails bounce, it kind of shudders, then everything shuts down. awesome.

Comment number: 003093   Posted by: brixton on June 13, 2003 01:25 PM from IP: 208.255.28.15

You *ALL* need to read the book E by Matt Beaumont. It's an entire novel written in e-mails for an advertising company, some company-wide and some private, with offices in different cities. The head honcho keeps sending e-mails company-wide by accident... e-mails get forwarded, stories change. It's really laugh-outloud funny and a very easy read (of course).
They have it at amazon, etc. (four and a half stars - go read the reviews!).

Comment number: 003094   Posted by: dayment on June 14, 2003 05:41 PM from IP: 12.228.183.29

Oh my stars, you just don't stop.
I mean, I hope not.
Rock on.

Comment number: 003095   Posted by: Jessica on June 19, 2003 09:43 AM from IP: 66.117.128.123

Snicker. I can think of two people in my office who have tortured me with the damn autoreply's. And I HAD to email them every ten minutes. Company policy.

Comment number: 003096   Posted by: annette on June 23, 2003 12:31 AM from IP: 205.188.209.6